GUIDELINES AND CONDITIONS
The 8th Affair of the Arts in the heart of downtown Culver City, California, is a two day art festival showcasing fine and functional work created and made by hand by artists throughout Southern California and across the country. This lively event which also features music and interactive experiences for adults and children is produced by The Whole 9 and The Peace Project with the intention to:
• Give artists a vibrant venue to showcase and sell their work.
• Provide a place for people of all ages and financial means to see and purchase art.
• Provide funding for the local and international life-changing work of ThePeaceProject.com.
• Support surrounding businesses.
We're focused on producing a show featuring a diverse group of artists that are hand-selected based on the quality and presentation of their work, salability based on our knowledge of this market (we also operate a gallery in downtown Culver City) and their philosophical alignment with our mission. We're careful to limit artists in any given category in order to ensure the best environment for sales for all artists and the most diverse selection for attendees.
If you would like to be considered for the Affair, please follow these instructions:
• Visit TheWhole9.com, hit JOIN NOW, and create a profile with photos that includes one image showing your booth at a previous art festival, plus at least six images of your work.
• Send an email to email@example.com that has a subject line of "I would like to be considered for Affair of the Arts" and include a link to your profile on TheWhole9.com, a link to your website and your telephone number and address.
NOTE: There is no application fee, but we will only consider artists that follow the above directions.
Town Plaza, Downtown Culver City
9400 Culver Blvd (Culver Blvd. at Main St.)
Culver City, CA 90232
May 5, Set-up from 10am to 5pm, Pre-Sell from 5pm - 8pm
May 6, Set-up from 7am to 11am
May 6, Open to the Public from 11am to 7pm
May 7, Open to the Public from 11am to 6pm
Booths are 10x10 with a feee of $350 before March 31. Additional space and corners priced accordingly.
Artists provide their own booth set-up including white tent, display walls, pedestals & cases and lighting. Electricity may be provided upon request.
• Post cards.
• Custom eBlast featuring your image.
• Affair website includes your name, image and link to your website.
• Continental Breakfast each day plus snacks & water throughout weekend.
• Complimentary parking.
Affair of the Arts is open to all artists. Artists may show reproductions (30% of booth or less) as well as originals. T-shirts are not allowed unless display technique is approved prior to show. It is recommended that you include smaller pieces of work that sell for $250 - $1,000 in addition to larger pieces. Artists must be present to represent their work both days.
All deposits are non-refundable. If full payment is remitted and notice of cancellation is received by April 1, 2017, a 50% refund will be issued. The show will be held rain or shine and there will be no refunds due to inclement weather.
Affair of the Arts provides on-site roaming security from 7pm Friday to 8am Sunday; however, each artist is responsible for securing their artwork within their booth and exhibits at his or her own risk and should carry appropriate insurance. The Whole 9 will not be held responsible for damage, theft, or loss of your work.